Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Two Yummy Dinner Options

I just realized its been a whole month since I've wrote anything. I didn't think we would have a busy summer but I was wrong! We haven't done a whole lot but I've been just busy enough. I wanted to share 2 new recipes I found on Pinterest. They have become our summer favorites. We really like winter foods so I always have trouble when it comes to warmer months and dinner plans. I think we should live somewhere cold year around that way we can always have soup for dinner!

The first recipe we tried last night for the first time. I wanted to make sure I had the recipe right so I asked my husband (who was sitting at the computer) to pull up the website. As soon as he clicked on the page I could tell that he wasn't excited about the picture! He's picky eater, along with our kids! The recipe is so easy and besides cutting up the potatoes it was quick to make. To Kelly's surprise the dish was excellent! While we were eating he told me how worried he was while watching me make dinner but he said it tasted great! So this dish got two thumbs up from all my guys!

Chicken and Veggies

4 - 6 chicken breast
New Potatoes (I used Red Potatoes because that's all I had)
2 cans of green beans (you can use frozen green beans or broccoli, any veggies would work)
1 packet of Italian Dressing Mix
1 Stick of Melted Butter

Arrange the chicken in the bottom of a 9x13 dish. The picture shows the chicken in the middle but I put it on the bottom of the pan and then covered it with the veggies. One side potatoes and the other side green beans. Then sprinkle the Italian Dressing mix over the dish and the melted butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.




The next recipe is like a mini Thanksgiving dinner! I was really excited to try this recipe. We've had it several times and it's great every time!

Chicken Foil Packs

1 Package Stuffing mix; chicken flavor
1 1/4 cup Water
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
4 Cups Broccoli Florets
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 Slices Cooked Bacon; crumbled
4 tbsp Ranch Dressing divided

Set your oven at 400 degrees. Spray 4 large sheets of heavy duty foil with Pam. I usually double up the foil just in case! Combine stuffing mix and water. Spoon 1/4 stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet. Top stuffing with chicken breast. Top chicken with 1 cup broccoli. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1 slice of crumbled bacon. Drizzle with 1 tbsp Ranch Dressing. Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for the heat to circulate. Place packets on a cookie sheet and back 25 - 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. It should slide right onto your plate!

Chicken Foil Packs Here is the website with pictures. Thanks Best Life 4 Moms for creating this yummy recipe!


I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!




No comments:

Post a Comment