Sunday, February 3, 2013

Homemade Bath Salts

I can't believe its been more than six months since I've posted something. I started working on my photography blog (Rachael Knight Photography in case you're interested!) and completely neglected this one. Shame on me! :o)

I've been interested in making homemade things for a while now. Thank you Pinterest!! But never really made the time for it. I was invited to a party where you bring something to make for 10 people and everyone else does the same thing. You end up making all these neat things and going home with tons of cool stuff. I ended up not being able to go but it started the fire!

I decided to make bath salts for the party. After looking at several different recipes I decided to mix a few and came up with my own little concoction. My two boys had a blast shaking the bags of salt and we all laughed as we decided how much scent should go into each bag. Too much, not enough. It was so much fun!

Homemade Bath Salts Recipe

1 cup of Epsom salts
1/4 cup of kosher salt
1/4 cup of sea salt
1 quart-size freezer-grade re-sealable plastic bag
Food coloring
Essential oils
Baking sheet
Wax paper
Funnel
Mason jars



Instructions

1. Place the salts into the plastic bag.
2. Add one drop of food coloring, close the bag and shake to distribute the color. Repeat this process until the desired color is achieved.
3. Add a couple drops of essential oil to the bag, close the bag and shake to distribute the scent. Repeat this process until the desired scent is achieved, about 5 to 10 drops.
4. Spread out the salts on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Allowing the salt to dry for 2 to 3 hours.
5. Carefully pour the salts into the jar with a funnel, then screw the lid tightly to preserve the scent.





Here's what you need!






Letting the salts dry. If you look close you can see little hand prints! The boys loved this part!





This was my husbands favorite part! Why are funnels so much fun?!



I hope you enjoy making this as much as we did! Now go enjoy a relaxing bath!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment